Jimoto no Gaijin

Who am I? Since 1985,a resident of Ajigasawa, a small town on the west coast of Honshu, Japan- yes, way up there near the top, in Aomori Prefecture. Problem? I've got the wrong face (Canadian Celt). People still give a start when they round the supermarket aisle and see me. So, who am I? Jimoto no Gaijin- the local foreigner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ajigasawa, Aomori, Japan

Curiosity- maybe that's why I like cats?

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

It's All About Me

True, actually.
I am currently doing a Bible study with a man who has many questions. One concerned the miracles of Jesus. Why did Jesus ask some what they wanted, challenge others to declare their faith, while healing some who didn't even ask? He touched some, spoke to others; even gave a guy a mud pack! What is the common thread, here?
Well, that did get me thinking. I feel it points to God's care for each of us as individuals. There is no "formula'"; there are no "majic words" to call down miracles. Jesus looked at the individual and asessed their needs. What would best help them learn to trust and love God? That is what He did for them.
So, will God meet our needs? Yes, but it is important to see our needs from His point of view. Do you see yourself seated at a table, with God gliding up, towel over arm, asking "How may I serve you today?" Or, do you see the Lord of Heaven and Earth, seated on His throne, looking down and saying, "What does this one need?" Surely it is the latter!
So, how scary is that? Very. Except that we are assured that God will make us His children, if we come to Him humbly, as He has arranged, through His Son Jesus Christ. Don't want to? Well, why not? Why try to bash out your own door when there is a perfectly good one available? It's a matter of trust, as is learning to see the things that God arranges to happen to us as the things that meet our real needs.
With God, it's all about me. It's all about being moulded by the Master to be the vessel He has designed us to be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read a nice quote from my current book to ponder about....`Our circumstances do not make us who we are...they only reveal where we come from.` It`s nice to think we ARE NOT our circumstances but only how God shapes us from those circumstances! ~Sarah H.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home